Great Picnic Recipes You Need To Know
Hello Everybody! Welcome Back To Another Recipe Post! I Really Cant Believe Its Really The Middle Of July! The Summer Is Just Flying 🙁 Anyway! Todays Post Will Be About Some Great Picnic Recipes You Need To Know! Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 1/2 c. fresh lemon juice (from about 10 lemons) plus 2 lemons, sliced
- Berries and fresh mint springs, for serving
- In a smack saucepan, combine the sugar and 1 1/2 cups water, bring to a boil. Then reduce the heat and simmer until the sugar dissolves, about 3 to 4 minuets. Now remove form the heat and cool completely.
- In a large pitcher, combine the lemon juice, 1 1/2 cups sugar and syrup, and 4 cups cold water (add remaining sugar syrup to adjust the sweetness, if desired) Refrigerate until chilled.
Overnight Pickled Green Beans
- 3/4 c. white vinegar
- 1 tsp. sugar
- kosher salt
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/4 c. fresh dill
- 1 tsp. whole coriander
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 12 oz. green beans
- In a small pot, combine 1 cup water, vinegar, sugar, and 2 teaspoons salt and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until the sugar and salt dissolve, about 3 minuets. Now remove from the heat and let cool.
- Divide garlic, dill, coriander, and red pepper between two wide- mouthed 16 ounce jars. Pack with green beans, then pour the cooled liquid over top. Refrigerate overnight or up to a week. (The beans are still tasty after a week they will just louse their color)
Summer Melon Salad
- 1/2 cup plain 2% reduced- fat greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 3/8 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Dash of crushed red pepper
- 2/3 cup honeydew melon balls
- 2/3 cup watermelon balls
- 2/3 cup cantaloupe balls
- 1 cherry radish, cut into thin slices
- 2 center- cup bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 12 small fresh basil leaves
- Spread the yogurt in a circle on a large serving plate
- Combine the parsley, vinegar oil, honey, lime juice, 1/8 teaspoon salt, black pepper, and red pepper in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add all the melon balls and radish to the bowl, toss gently.
- Using a slotted spoon, mound melon mixture on top of yogurt (reserve vinegar mixture). Sprinkle evenly with bacon and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons reserved vinegar mixture; discard remaining vinegar mixture. Sprinkle evenly with basil leaves.
- 3 flour tortillas
- 1 (8 oz) pkg genoa salami
- 30 small pepperoni slices
- 9 slices provolone cheese
- Romaine Lettuce
- Pepper Spread
- 1 ( 8 oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2/3 cup roasted or sweet red peppers chopped small
- 2/3 cup banana peppers (we used jarred) chopped small
- Mix all of the pepper spread ingredients in a bowl until well combined.
- Spread 1/3 of the mix onto tortilla
- In the center of the tortilla place 3 slices of cheese next to one anther.
- Then layer enough Salam to cover tortilla
- After that layer pepperoni covering the salami.
- Lastly add your romaine lettuce on top of that.
- Roll up tightly and refrigerate until cool, about an hour
- Finally Slice Into Pinwheels And Enjoy!
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and finely diced
- 1 jalapeno, stem and seeds removed, finely diced
- Half of a small red onion, peeled and finely diced
- 2/3 cup finely- chopped fresh cilantro , loosely- packed
- juice of 1 lime, about 2 tablespoons.
- (pinch of salt and black pepper)
- Toss all of the ingredients together until combined. Season with extra salt and pepper, if needed.
- If you like a sweeter salsa, then stir in a few teaspoons of warmed honey.
Thanks For Reading Another Blog Post! Please Comment Your Favorite Post So Far! Also If You Enjoy My Posts I Would Apperciate If You Would Follow My Blog! Have A Great Day!
Other Recipe Posts
6 Of The Best Summer Grilling Recipes
Essential Grilling Tips & Tricks You Need To Know
Featured Image Credit- Link