Wonderful Weeknight Slow Cooker Recipes (Post 2 Of 3 Recipe Week)
Hello Everyone! Thank You S Much For Coming Back For Another Recipe Week Post! Todays Post Will Be Wonderful Weeknight Slow Cooker Recipes! I Hope You Enjoy This Post!
Lemon Butter Chicken
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (cut in half)
- 1/2 Tablespoon paprika
- 3 Tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Splash of dry white wine (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cups baby spinach
- Dash salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper and paprika. Set aside.
- Melt 2 Tablespoons of butter in a large oven-proof skillet (a Le Creuset Dutch Oven works well or a RockCrok or cast iron skillet) over medium high heat.
- Add the chicken and sear both sides until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side. Remove and set chicken aside on separate plate.
- While the chicken is resting, return back to the same skillet and melt remaining tablespoon of butter in the skillet. Add garlic and cook stirring frequently about 1 minute.
- Stir in chicken broth, splash of dry white wine, lemon juice and thyme.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat and let the sauce reduce and thicken.
- Continue to cook the sauce about 5-7 minutes so the sauce becomes thicker. You don’t want the sauce to become too runny!
- Add the heavy cream, Parmesan cheese, turn temperature down and cook for a minute or two.
- Add in the spinach and simmer until the spinach has wilted and the sauce has slightly thickened.
- Once your sauce is to the desired thickness, return the chicken to the skillet.
- Place in the oven and cook for about 15-20 minutes until internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees.
- Remove the dish and let sit for about 5 minutes before serving.
Slow-Cooker Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
1 lb. ground chicken
3/4 c. bread crumbs
1 large egg
1 tbsp. chives, plus more for garnish
1 tsp. cayenne
Freshly ground black pepper
5 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
7 tbsp. hot sauce, such as Frank’s
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
Blue cheese dressing, for dipping
- Preheat your oven to 400 and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, mix chicken with bread crumbs, egg, garlic, chives and cayenne until completely combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roll mixture into 20 meatballs, around two tablespoons chicken per ball. Bake until firm, about 5 minutes. Transfer to slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, mix melted butter with hot sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Whisk to combine and pour over meatballs. Place lid on slow cooker and cook on low for 2 hours.
- Serve with a drizzle of blue cheese and chives for garnish.
Recipe Credit- Delish
Slow Cooked Sweet ‘n’ Sour Pork
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless pork loin roast, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Thinly sliced green onions, optional
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Place paprika in a large resealable plastic bag. Then Add pork, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. In a nonstick skillet, brown pork in oil in batches over medium-high heat. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker.
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; refrigerate the pineapple. Add the pineapple juice, onion, green pepper, vinegar, brown sugar, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce and salt to slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into pork mixture. Add pineapple. Cover and cook 30 minutes longer or until sauce is thickened. If desired, sprinkle with green onions and serve over rice
Slow-Cooked Roast Beef Sandwiches
- 2 tsp. canola oil
- 1 (2-lb.) boneless chuck roast, trimmed
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 medium sweet onion, cut into wedges
- 1 large garlic clove, chopped
- 2 Thyme sprigs
- 1/4 c. dry red wine
- 4 ciabatta rolls, split and toasted
- 1/3 c. mayonnaise
- 1 romaine heart, shredded
- 1 (16-oz.) jar giardiniera, for serving, optional
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Then Season roast with salt and pepper. Cook, turning occasionally, until brown on all sides, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Combine onion, garlic, thyme, and wine in a 4-quart slow cooker. Top with roast. Cook, covered, until roast is fork-tender, on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours.
- Discard thyme sprigs. Remove roast from slow cooker and shred into bite-size pieces; return to slow cooker. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve on rolls with mayonnaise, romaine, and giardiniera, if desired.
Slow-Cooker Sausage & Peppers
1 28-oz. can crushed tomatoes
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. dried oregano
pinch red pepper flakes
1 large onion, sliced into half moons
2 bell peppers, thinly sliced
1 lb. Italian sausage
Freshly ground black pepper
1 tbsp. basil, thinly sliced
6 hoagie rolls, toasted
- Combine crushed tomatoes, oregano, red pepper flakes and olive oil in the bowl of a slow cooker. Stir in onion, bell peppers and Italian sausage. Season with salt and pepper. Cook on low 6 hours.
- Stir basil into the cooked sausage and peppers. Serve warm on toasted hoagie rolls.
Recipe Credit- Delish
Thank You So Much For Reading Todays Post! If You Enjoyed This Post Please Like It! And If You Enjoy My Blog Please Follow It! Thanks For Reading! Have A Wonderful Day!
Other Recipe Posts
6 Of The Best Summer Grilling Recipes
Summer Salad Recipes
Great Picnic Recipes You Need To Know
The Best Pancake Recipes That Will Make Breakfast Even Better
The Best Fresh Fruit Recipes
Magnificent Muffin Recipes (Post 1 Of 3 Recipe Week)